5 ways to increase your productivity with smart-techAKiATECH
- Get a smart-watch– A smart-watch allows you to keep connected at all times, as long as it stays synced to your phone that is. I have had one for a while now and it has allowed me to do things I didn’t think were possible with a watch. Every time I receive a notification on my phone it pops up on the watch. You can even like and dislike songs on Pandora while driving without taking your eyes off the road. When I sign up for websites that like to send those annoying codes to activate an account I just wait for a few seconds and it pops up on the watch, no need to log into email or pull out the phone. It’s also great for telemarketers. A nice little “x” comes up when a call comes in, just click the button beside the x and you get wonderful silence. It could also work for two-factor authentication although I’m not sure if anyone has tried that yet.
- Get a virtual Assistant– On device assistants are all the craze nowadays, most major smartphones have some sort of interactive assistant. The iPhone has Siri, Android has “OK Google” Windows has Cortana and now Amazon has the Echo aka Alexa. These “assistants” allow you to do a myriad of things without having to bother yourself with having to type or click on anything. Just ask a question and the device connects to an online database up in the cloud(s)? and gives its best guess as to what it thinks you were asking. Need to know what the fastest car in the world is or the current weather in your hometown? Just ask away but be careful what you ask, you may find that the answer you get was not necessarily the one you were hoping for.
- Get smart glasses– The world is now literally a blink away. There are now a number or Smart glasses and VR devices that will turn your smart phone into a virtual silver screen. Imagine Linkedin projected @ 1080P right into your pupils. Your eyes will hate you but imagine how many things you can get done. Now you have no excuse, you can now work in between naps, no need to get out of the bed just put on your goggles and get cracking on that spreadsheet or TPS report. Most of these devices have speakers built in so you will be able to drown out the snoring or whining of your significant other
- Get a smart car– No not the actual smart car but a car with built in smart tech like the huge screen in the Model S or systems like android auto or Apple car play. Speaking of Apple, rumors are they are working on their own car. Maybe they will throw in some of the aforementioned devices to complete the smart device ecosystem. I can see it now, Siri in surround (drool)
- Opt out– You may not want the efficiency offered by these technological advances. Imagine being so good at your job that your boss wants you to do everything. That’s the double edged sword of things that make it easier to work. It means you end up working more, but at least you have a few options if you need to burn some money.
p.s. I know that was only 4, I ran out of ideas. I promise I’ll have 5 next time.